Tuesday, February 27, 2007

You don't scare me, Mr. Vice President

February 26, 2007

Call me paranoid, but just a few days ago I was in Australia and the Vice President made a state visit. Now I'm in Singapore and he made an "unscheduled" stop. I think I'm being stalked by Dick Cheney.

Now those of you who have followed this blog from the beginning know it is not about politics. I have scrupulously avoided making any disparaging comments about our shit-for-brains President or his minions. I have no wish to gratuitously offend any of the cretinous imbeciles who still support this administration. And I have nothing but respect for the office of the President. After all, I'm a pretty fair carpenter but wouldn't know where to begin to make an oval-shaped room.

But now Cheney has taken the gloves off. I don't know whether he intends to reveal that my wife Kathy is a CIA operative (oops ... I guess at this point he needn't bother ...) or plans to mistake my face for a quail (he wouldn't be the first), but whatever his dark satanic scheme is, I'm prepared.

I must go now. I'm hearing strange noises, like the tick tick tick of a pacemaker and the trickle and ooze of a few drops of blood through a network of stents barely capable of supporting life.

Is that you, Mr. Cheney? No, Mr. Cheney don't, please don't....

Argh, argh......

Argh....

Your faithful correspondent,

Walkabout Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just that you've been exercising restraint in commenting on the US political climate, you've been galavanting around with thousands of miles insulating you from the daily grind of Republicans vs Democrats and such. Mr Cheney is just coming to remind you - there is no real escape!

Couchpotato Greg said...

If he's hunting game birds I think you're safe. Moose season, of course, is a different matter.